The Basic Elements of the Blessing
The five key elements blended together can cause personal acceptance and total
prosperity in one’s life.
1. Meaningful Touch – (Genesis 27:26)
– meaningful touch has many beneficial effects. The act of
touch is a key to communicating warmth, personal
acceptance, affirmation – even physical health.
2. A Spoken Message
– a blessing becomes so only when it is spoken
– silence communicates confusion
– spoken words of blessing gives the hearer an indication that he or she is
worthy of some attention.
3. Attaching High Value
– to value something means to attach honor to it.
– The word “bless” literally means “to bow the knee”
– It shows reverence and respect
4. Picturing a Special Future
– We cannot predict another person’s future with biblical
accuracy. We can, however, encourage and help people to
set meaningful goals.
5. An Active Commitment
– this last element of the blessing pictures the responsibility that goes with
giving the blessing.
– words alone cannot communicate the blessing; they need to be backed with a
commitment to do everything possible to help the one blessed be successful.
Pastor Stephen Galvano
Rochester Christian Church Ministries International